Back to school Blues
It's always a bitter sweet mixed with joy and sadness. Mostly joy on my part and sadness for the boys. Time to say goodbye to the leisure days of sleeping in, playing electronics and swimming all day. I am pretending that I am sad to see them go, but underneath the facade of sadness is one excited mommy. I am not ashamed to say that, because I can honestly say that we have spent much quality time all summer together, so no regrets on my part.
Things I plan to do while they are at school
1. Re organize my house.
2. Purge, purge and more purging of junk we just don't need. Like all those toys laying on the playroom floor. Good thing the boys will be at school, maybe they won't notice they don't have any more toys.
3. Lunch with friends
4. Dates at the park with Carson my favorite boyfriend
5. Back to the gym to shed those summer pounds.
6. Playing tennis with my neighbor.
7. Getting us all back on a schedule.
8. A few home improvement jobs and maybe some redecorating.
Isn't life exciting when you are a mom. I am actually excited to do all of these things.
A few last memories of summer










4 comments:
I feel the same as you. I got a teense emotional when Logan walked into kindergarten but mostly I'm REALLY going to enjoy some free time. You boys look very nice for the 1st day. I wish Logan would wear a collared shirt but he won't... it is his worst nightmare. Oh well. Have a great first morning! When is Carson in preschool?
I love all of the beautiful pictures! Could you people be any more photogenic? It feels good to be back in the groove. Sort of.
I cannot believe that is Christian!! Is that that tiny baby we toured around D.C. with ten years ago??? Where did the time go. I can't believe these boys are ten. We just got back to town last night and I'm trying to get situated here...you know how it goes. I'm so sad we missed you in Utah. I meant to call you but we were up at Bear Lake pretty much the entire month. It sounds (and looks) like you had a great trip. Talk to you soon.
oops, that just posted as David. It's really me, Shawni. Miss you!
Post a Comment