Friday, July 27, 2007

Why every mom needs a 13 year old daughter

This week I've been spoiled to have two of my nieces visiting.
First of all, they are so much fun to have around, it's like having a girlfriend to talk to all the time. I didn't realize how much we have in common. They like to shop, eat good food, listen to cool music, have fun with my kids, go on adventures and don't forget all the giggling and dancing.

Second, they are super helpful. While one is downstairs doing the dinner dishes the other is upstairs reading stories and putting kids to bed. And I didn't even ask them to do that, but maybe they are trying to earn a few brownie points or extra money since they spent most of their money on our first shopping trip in the city.

Life could get real easy with them around. Don't you think every mom needs a nice 13 year old daughter? Maybe I should look into adoption? But I don't think they would come as sweet, stylish, kind, helpful, and great as these girls.

Now, tell me why I should even let them go back home? I am wondering what would happen if we accidently miss their flight home. I am sure their moms wouldn't be happy with me, because if I know them they are probably counting the hours of when they are finally coming home.
Thanks Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Celia Fae said...

They really are a dream come true! Console yourself by remembering they wouldn't be as helpful if they were your own daughters. But maybe you could adopt. I like it. Could you please put your links back? Thanks.

D-dawg said...

I am all for adoption. But Celia is right it wouldn't be the same. You are lucky that these sweet girls like to come visit you.

Good Time Charlie said...

Love your blog. You love being a mommy and it shows, but you also love your own interests, and I love that about you. It makes you sooooo much more interesting. Also, I think it overall makes you a better mommy because there is more of you to give back. Just my humble opinion from how I like to structure my life.

Tip on peeing around toilets. I mixed one part bleach with about 7 parts water in spray bottle. Spray down toilets almost every day and wipe clean with rag. Gets rid of pee smell instantly. I have one boy, but he pees enough around all toilets in the house to count for 10!