Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007


The Crocodile Hunter
(even though that is a snake on his shoulder, I think he also wrestled snakes and crocs) Christian had a hard time choosing his costume. He didn't want anything that seemed to little kiddish, but then he didn't want to be something gruesome. After many suggestions and trips to different stores he agreed upon this. Not his best costume, but he was satisfied.

The Pirate King

Jacob usually puts a lot of thought and planning into his costume, but this year was more challenging for him. So I just went to the store while he was at school found something I thought he might be satisfied with and it turns out he was very excited to be a pirate. Although he didn't want to wear the eye patch, the earring and the scruffy goatee


My Knight in Shining Armour
This was a costume he has been wearing the entire month of October since the day I bought it. He loved it and as I was helping him get it on this morning I noticed it had holes in the knees. Oops, I guess costumes aren't made to be worn more then a few times. I love when my kids get super excited about their costumes and they want to wear them all the time.

This is them right before they left to go trick or treating. They have always gone all together. Although, I thought this year might be different and Christian would want to go with his "older" friends, but he ended up going with his 2 brothers. I hope they always stay this close.

This Halloween was much more relaxing then last year and I realized why. It's because I didn't sign up to be in charge of any classroom parties. It was a first time in almost 5 years. And I very much enjoyed stopping in on the parties and then leaving. What a liberating feeling and I didn't feel guilty because I've been there, done that and went out to lunch instead.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Now, they are too cute with their costumes!

I loved this part----And I very much enjoyed stopping in on the parties and then leaving. What a liberating feeling and I didn't feel guilty because I've been there, done that and went out to lunch instead.

:)

Shawni said...

What cute boys, Briggs. Way to simplify too.

Jessica said...

Your boys just look like such...boys! Very cute. (and good job on letting someone else have the party planning pleasure this year!)

Paige said...

So cute. Why didn't you cover Christian in blood and have a stinger sticking out?

D-dawg said...

They look so good! I have a picture of Carson and Logan that I need to send you it was from Trunk or Treat.

Celia Fae said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see those kids in person.

Sorry about the grumpy older boy. It just gets more and more difficult. They will do anything to get that candy, though.