Monday, November 12, 2007
Characteristics of a frienemy
Here are some things a frienemy might say to you:
1. " I don't know why those jeans look so bad on you and so cute on me. It must be because your butt is bigger then mine."
2. "You think you have a pear shape body, check out that lady." (oh, I didn't realize I had a pear body)
3. They don't really like it when good things happen to you. (they are jealous) But they secretly delight when something bad comes your way. (that would be called schadefreude=a german word that explains that perfectly.)
4. They share your secrets with other people. They don't know how to keep a story to themselves, especially the ones you tell them not to tell anyone.
5. Anything you can do they think they can do better and tell people that. For example: "Oh she's not a very fast runner, I can run faster then her." Although she doesn't run and knows that you run 4-5 times a week. So now you are obsessed with racing her in a 5K and seeing if she can beat your 24:30 race time.
The worst part is when you think they are your friend and then turn out to be your frienemy. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out which one someone will be. Luckily I am blessed with many great friends and along the way have only come across just a few of those so called "frienemies."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I have to agree with these points. It does take some time to discover the frienemies. I have had a few in my lifetime and sometimes they disguise themselves well. The problem is, once you discover them what do you do? Pretend to still be their friend? Confront them? Ditch them? It can be tricky. I hope your frienemy issues will go away. It is not fun.
I like what we all do, and that is laugh at the frienemy. And keep my big mouth shut around them. Anything you do or say can be used against you in a court of frienemy.
I love this series. Could we see a photo of one, please? I dare you.
Thank you for the insight. And I totally know who your frienemy is, just from reading the description. Good job.
Yes, frienemies suck. I've had so many in lifetime that when a true friend comes a long I hang on as much as I can. I think that's why it has been so hard to leave my friends at home behind.
Ooh, I have one, "At least you look pretty with makeup on." I got that one once.
OOoo drama! Does your frienemy read your blog?!
No, She would never know how to read my blog.and plus she doesn't realize she's a frienemy because she doesn't even get it that she offends and hurts people left and right. So that's why we usually can laugh about it.
My husband has a frienemy..YES, men have them too. I just wish my husband could see it. They have been friends before I came along, but this guy I really can't stand. He is always putting my husband down and acts like its just a joke. The other day this frienemy told our two year old son that he was going to grow up to be dumb like his father. I wont allow this person in my house anymore. He always talks about the single life and girls even though I have never seen him with one, as if the grass was greener on the other side. He tries to cause fights between my husband and I and always tries to get him to go to the strip club knowing I am aganist husbands and fathers spending thier money in the wrong place. I don't know what to do.
Post a Comment