Those of you with boys may be familiar with this invasion. It's called Guitar Hero. Christian got it for Christmas (which means everyone got it, since he is pretty good about sharing)
First of all they have lots of fun and they especially love to play it with their dad. And since they get more practice time then him they love that they can beat him on harder songs. But some of the songs are just a little much and I don't always love the background graphics. There is nothing like hearing your 5 year old singing in the other room..."Here I am, Rock you like a hurricane." Whatever happened to twinkle twinkle little star. Say good bye to nursery rhymes and hello to a little guitar hero.
So I am trying to embrace this new trend and let them enjoy this. I am hoping that I am not letting them get too corrupted. Although Jacob says he wants to be in a rock band someday, so maybe it will help him with his new career choice. The good news is they only get to play electronics on Friday after school and Saturday. Maybe they will come out with a version of guitar hero that is less hard rock and maybe some fun 80's songs or recent songs that aren't quite as heavy metal.

14 comments:
I love those pictures. Boys are so fun. At he's singing a rock song Jaden run's around the house singing "Bet on it" from High School Musical 2
Oh my gosh! They are sooo cute! They look just like mine. My oldest is really into Guitar Hero. We got it last year for them and they really wanted Rock Band this year but I thought we had too much video stimulation going on too. In fact, Ellek (my 9 yr old)loves it so much he wants to take guitar lessons now. We also only let them play friday after school and Sunday. Man, we really need to live closer? Can you move to Utah???
Opps, not Sunday Saturday..didn't want ya to think we were "that kind" of parents!
I didn't think about those backgrounds...kind of gross. It is always good to toys that YOU actually want to play with, right?
I wanted to get that for Z for Christmas- but maybe we can wait a little while longer before the invasion happens. It does look like fun! I want to play. Maybe they will come out with an 80's version and we can have a rock band.
By the way I love your family picture you have on your blog. It is way cute. Less than 100 days to go for baby Hair! yippeee!!!
Yah, at least your boys don't think they want to be Troy from HSM.
When are you going to talk about the pole dancers?
That looks so fun! I was totally against any sort of videogame for a long time, but now I want a wii. My girls would LOVE it.
Oh yeah we are fans! At least the kids are more active doing that game than the others. Have you seen rock band the new game with all the instruments? My kids want that now. They just keep coming out with more and more stuff. Growing up is a little different than when we were kids.
BIG fight over video guitar with my 12 year old, wait, no, my 31 year old yesterday! Fun for the whole family.
I love guitar hero. The best part is all of the old songs!!
They sure look like they're having fun! How are you feeling these days? I hope well.
p.s. thanks so much for the very nice birthday phone call. I'm calling you back right now...
Hey, Get my number from Celia if you want me to watch the boys sometime while you are on Oahu. -E
Post a Comment