Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas memories...and visiting family

Christmas Eve the two younger boys wearing their Christmas Pajamas.

Carson giving us the thumbs up that he approves of his Christmas presents. He was one happy boy in lego heaven.

Cousins celebrating the night before Christmas Eve for our traditional white elephant exchange...

So every Christmas we do this to ourselves..... the day after Christmas we pack up the kids, snow gear and all and head out to Utah to see all their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Some may think we are crazy to do this. Even though this sounds like a lot of work and inconvenient it is definitely the highlight of their Christmas vacation. In fact that is what they wanted for Christmas....to go to Utah to see their cousins.


My mom with almost all her grandkids except for 2 of them.

My brother's family + my family + my sister's daughter =
LOTS OF KIDS

Skiing at Sundance-beautiful day, but crusty, icy snow..

Ethan with his cousin Charlie they are just 4 months apart in age-one of these kids knows how to grow hair and teeth and the other doesn't...Love my bald toothless baby.

Ethan Meeting my mom's dog.....Love at first sight


Almost all the girls in our family.....except for one sister in law and her daughter


Mark's brother Joel and his wife Angel-some of our kids, some of their kids and one kid that belongs to another brother Scott.

Cousins are the best!!!!

12 comments:

Lorie said...

How fun! I love watching my kids with their cousins - wish we could do it more often...

Jodie said...

I remember many Christmas breaks with my cousins...it was the best. You're a good mommy for doing this.

Good Time Charlie said...

Adorable pics! I am keeping up on my blogs in 09!

diane said...

Looks like cousin heaven.

Of course I noticed the Tiffany bag in the background. Someone was good this year.

Lisa said...

Dang! I am sad we missed each other! I totally understand how it gets when you are around family. Cute cute photos.

3WimmerBoys said...

You guys are crazy just like us! Brett and I have been saying we need to take the kids skiing, I think they are old enough now and it looks like your kids are having fun with it. I noticed we chose the same cute Christmas PJs for our boys. Does your mom still live down by the Wimmers? We should stop by next time we are both in town, Brett would love to see you. By the way, how do you know Diane Naylor? Glad you had a great vacation.

Audry said...

Looks like fun! I wish my kids had lots of cousins to play with.

D-dawg said...

Great photos- Ethan's smile is so big and happy. We got the little present on our porch yesterday- thank you- Lexi was excited about it.

jacksonfamiliatwins said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! It was great to hear from you. You have a beautiful family! Let's stay in touch. Four boys~you're busy! Boys are the best! Can I add you to our blog list? Joce and Ali would love to see it, if they haven't already. They don't have an account, but look. Hope all is well, enjoyed hearing from you!! Happy New Year~

3WimmerBoys said...

How funny is that! Diane lives right down the street from us, her husband used to be our bishop. Everyone loves Diane, she is super fun, has a great sense of style, and is a everyones friend. I just love her to death! I think that is hilarious that you found her blog, it is a fun one.

elle pothier said...

Looks like such a fun Christmas Briggs. We usually do that exact same thing...go to Utah right after Christmas but didn't do it this time. Kinda sad but I sure didn't miss that packign up right on Christmas.

Rachel K. Hair:) said...

Oh look, It's me! I had a lot of fun with my cousins!