The other day one of my boys asked me if I was stuck on a deserted island who would I want to have with me. I hesitated thinking that I should tell him that of course it would be him, but then what about the other 2 boys listening, how will they feel? So I told him that I would want our whole family to be together on the deserted island. But that wasn't good enough for him he insisted that I need to pick just one person. I hate these kinds of questions, because It's too hard and unrealistice to pick just one. So then I explained to him how I would want to be with daddy. And his one word response to me was "why?" So then I had to give him all the reasons of why I would want to be with daddy. Well I hope he is happy with my response and not damaged that I didn't pick him, because how could a mommy pick one of her children and not the others. I think his four year old mind should be happy that his mommy and daddy like each other enough that they would want to be stuck together on a deserted island!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
awwwwwww. that was so sweet. i'm sure he'll have a counter question. he sounds so smart :)
It was Carson? Isn't he your other boyfriend?
Cute picture of you and Mark. And just think, if you were stuck on a desert island, you could make plenty of more little Carsons to replace the one you left behind.
I made the Wycoffs pick between Jesus and Candy. They chose Candy.
I think that shows that you are an excellent mom because it is good for your children to know that your marriage is the center of the family, not the kids! Thanks to that Dr. that Denae quotes for the advice.
Very good answer, I think. Or you could have just picked whichever kid had behaved the best and told them you'd reconsider if they wanted to act really good tomorrow.
Post a Comment