I have an awesome carpool, which makes my life so much easier. Some of you might be familiar with the drop off and pick up nightmare. (that should be saved for another blog) I am grateful that I don't have to go to the school 3 times a day. I have 3 other neighbors that we rotate the schedule with and for the most part it runs smoothly. There is one problem and that is one of the neighbors doesn't understand the whole idea of carpool. So let me vent for a moment to say the things I've tried to say to her, but of course I said them in a much gentler kinder tone. I don't think she will ever come across my blog and therefore I can unleash my true thoughts.
1. I am not your after school day care provider. School dismissal has not changed!!! It is still the same time every day. (althougth I think your kids are adorable and so I don't want to leave them on your porch I also have a life and can't be expected to "hold on to them" whenever you need me to.)
2. Please don't call me two minutes before you should be picking up the children to tell me that you are late and will send one of your friends (whom my children don't know) to pick up all the kids. So then one of us other moms have to run to the school to get them.
3. Please don't call me 1 minute before you should be picking up the children to explain to me why you need to trade days with me. Didn't you know your work schedule earlier in the day?
4. Please don't ever ever ever forget to pick up my kids again. They are not use to such flakiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Please don't be 15 minutes late to picking them up so that they have to sit in the office with tears welling up in the backs of their eyes thinking they have been forgotten.
6. Please don't bring me baked goods and other gifts from Pottery Barn to blow over your flakiness.
7. Please let us take a vote and kick you out of our otherwise perfect carpool. (I'm not the only one with feelings about this)
8. Remember last year when I said "I'm just not sure this is working out?" I guess I should have been more clear and said. "You have been kicked out of the carpool."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
It's hard when someone isn't getting the hint. That is when you need to stop hinting. And be more clear.... I would just forget her in the car pool. Maybe take you kids to and from school that day.
I think you have some options. I will call her and pretend I'm you and tell her she's fired. I realize you are too nice.
Also, it's good to get your kids used to getting picked up late. It used to make them mad but now they think it's fun to play the game of "see if we can be the last ones picked up!"
One more thing- get your kid a phone (firefly) so he doesn't have to go to the office to call you, or you can call him. That way the office doesn't have to think you are a flake.
I want a carpool. I'm at that darn school 4 times a day.
You have rage. Send your kids over to egg her house.
Bad bad bad! Sorry about that. I am totally too nice and I can't kick people out, but you really should!
Celia advised me last year not to bother with carpools. And I'm glad I took her advice. I only hear horror stories about them!
Fire her butt. She's been giving you problems for ages. I think I will forward this post to her. JK
Next time she calls a minute before and says she can't make it, say no problem and go and pick up YOUR kids. After her kids are stranded there a few times she will get the hint.
(much easier said than done...)
Flakes ruin everything! I am sorry about your carpool problems. It doesn't really sound like there is an easy solution. If you chew her out-you still have to live next to her. But I would be mad too. I wish I had a fix for you.
I like the way Celia and I do the carpool thing. Once in awhile when we are in a bind. It is like a nice surprise.
This is unacceptable. I am appalled.
I love #8.
You have to admit, #6 was almost a sure fire way to get in your good graces.
You know what, this person should NOT be included in your carpool system.
Sorry but, the safety of children is #1 and Hello!!!!!!!!!!! she has to go.
wow, i just got worked up over this and i don't even have a carpool situation going on. ;)
Post a Comment