Have you ever heard the word frienemy?? It's two words combined together Friend and enemy. It's something I learned about this week on the Today show. Frienemies are those who you think are your friends but they don't always have your best interest in mind and sometimes stab you in the back and do things to hurt you. It is the best term. I think we've all had people we thought were our friends and then unfortunately turned out to be not such a good friend. So it got me thinking about my friends, and my frienemies. But mostly I got to thinking about my friends. Moving has it's advantages you get to make friends in many places and I am grateful for that.
Here is a picture with two girls I have known for the past 8 years. We met when we lived in Walnut Creek and our husbands were starting out their careers. We each had one child and we dragged those little babies sightseeing all over the Bay area. Now 8 years later and 12, almost 13 children later we still keep in touch.
Here is a picture with two girls I have known for the past 8 years. We met when we lived in Walnut Creek and our husbands were starting out their careers. We each had one child and we dragged those little babies sightseeing all over the Bay area. Now 8 years later and 12, almost 13 children later we still keep in touch.
They are so not Frienemies they are the opposite of that. They encourage, love and inspire. They see the best and want the best. I love to spend time with them and although I don't get to see them because they both abandoned me and moved to Texas. I look forward to girls weekends and couples' trips. I love to see them and laugh and enjoy their company. Thanks for being friends and not a frienemy!!!!!!!!!!!!


15 comments:
Brigitta. That was awesome. First carpools, now this. You've really hit your stride.
I hope we are never frienemy's.
I agree with you that frienemy is a good word. Everyone has had experiences with frienemies. Isn't it great to have friends that last through the years?
Now that you've posted about friends, could you please post about your real frienemys? Someone really mean and nasty please.
I'm good people you can ask celia and denae. ;)
I agree. I want some nasty frienemy action.
p.s. oh and i love a scandal. ditto what nortorious said :)
well, as you can see, paige and i were posting at the same time so, you have to give up the goods :)
I am thinking that this post so quickly following the carpool rant, is NOT coincidence.
Frienemy's is great it sums up alot in one word. I've had to many in my life time. Maybe I should take a hint???
I will have to share my Frienemy story another time after the wounds have healed.
I loved your last two posts. We can all relate to them in our own little ways. I can't imagine you having a frienemy. You are always so kind to everyone so I would love to hear a story. I was just thinking we have know each other for almost 25 years isn't that crazy?
Nichole, I think it's awesome that we've know each other for 25 years, which makes us sound old, or we met at birth. Anyway, even though we don't see each other very often at least we can still connect once or twice a year and catch up on life and children. Thanks for always being a good friend.
I'll change your background too if you want. i need to know your favorite colors, stripes or polka dots, and email me your google login and password. pwycoff@yahoo.com
You are not a pear. Definitely well proportioned.
I love this...it is so true, some girls can be so mean! This picture was fun for me to see...I recognize Jen and Tara from our old ward in the Walnut Creek days. I hope it is okay that I stop by your blog now and then...
Post a Comment