The other day we are driving in the car listening to the Wicked soundtrack (I know my poor boys, at least when they drive with their dad they can listen to cool music) Anyway, there's a song about being popular. When the song was over my oldest, Christian who was sitting in the front seat turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm not popular." My heart did a little jump and I could feel a slight bit of sadness. Right as I was about to tell him that being popular isn't important and tell him all his great qualities and how fantastic he is. He continues by saying. "I don't sit at the popular table at lunch I sit at the cool table". He preceedes to tell me about all the cool kids at lunch and what they do and how much fun they have etc. Then he says something interesting about the so called popular table. He says "those boys are usually getting into a lot of trouble, they like a lot of attention and sometimes they have to go to the prinicples office." Finally he says, "and mom, they don't even like school." After that explaination of the popular boys I told him don't aspire to be popular just cool and he agreed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Christian is more self-aware than he seems! That kid is going to be all right. I'd rather be cool than popular any day.
Christian is a great kid, doesn't it feel so nice when your kids say things like that. I love it.
you've been tagged go to my blog to see the rules.
LOVED that post! Makes me feel better that there are kids his age who get that, you know?
I hope my kids will get it too. Being popular is LAME. I'm glad Christian is cool.
That is so cute! I love hearing kids perspectives on things. I always think to myself that I would be pretty happy if my kids were nerds at school. We use to make fun of them and didnt want to date them but they seem to end up making the $ and marry pretty cute girls. It seems like all the nerds are getting into BYU these days!
Okay, now I didn't say he was a nerd. just for the record. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about my sweet boy. If yo think about it does seem that popular boys tend to be the trouble makers. It's different with girls. When I think about high school and Jr. High they are usually the ones doing things they shouldn't
Okay I was for sure not meaning that Christian was a nerd I was just saying I would love it if my kids ended up on the nerd side then I maybe would't be worrying as much about what they were up to. Sorry if that came accross wrong! I just showed Denny my blog for the first time and we looked at yours. He says HI!
Cool=popular.Visa versa. Chitstian was referring to bad-boys,dummies,etc.
Hey Christian, I'm not in the popular kids club either. I was not invited to the blog party and I'm obsessed.
Can we discuss the creepy baby floating in the sidebar? Freaking me out, the little Skeletor.
He is so perfect. I loved this post.
Post a Comment