I must be honest with myself and everyone that's it's taken me a little while to come to grips with the fact we will be having a fourth boy. I'm not going to lie, but the truth is I was a little disappointed to find out we wouldn't be having a girl. I was holding out that it could be a real possibility and then of course after the ultrasound it was confirmed that we were having a boy. Although Jacob informed me "it's okay mom next time you can get a girl." So I kindly told him there wasn't going to be a next time. Anyway, most importantly is that the baby is healthy. I look at my sweet boys and think I am so lucky. I tell myself I won't have to deal with the PMSing, the emotions, and all the other good stuff that comes with teenage girls.
Here are some of the bummers of being a mom with only boys. I will be a mother in law to four girls.(that sounds kind of scarey) Which means I don't get to plan weddings, come in the the delivery room when babies are being born and we all know that the mother in law doesn't get to see the grand kids as much as the maternal grandmother does. It's just the way it works.Then there is the pressure of being a mom to four boys of raising them to be good men, to be smart, hard working, honest and faithful. I am grateful that they have a wonderful example to watch over the years. If they can be the kind of husband and father that their dad is then they will be amazing men.
So, until they are out of my house I will do all that I can to teach them, love them and mentor them to be wonderful boys and men.
Here are the four boys in my life and soon to be a fifth!!! It's a lot of boys to love. How can I not look at this picture and be so grateful for these handsome boys I've been blessed to have in my life.






14 comments:
Here's a positive I thought of when I was excpecting my third and thinking about the possiblity of having all boys. I would only need stuff for the one sex. Only boy clothes, everything could be handed down (I know, they wouldn't last through all the kids), only boy toys, likewise could be handed down, and not as many needed when they can all share. It makes for a lot less expense.
Also, my kids see my husbands family more than mine, so that may be true with some of your grandkids too.
I loved this post. I love, love, love the last photo! you have a beautiful family.
p.s. this one made me giggle: "Please don't put any of that sun scream on me."
Those are great pictures. I am married to a man from a family of all boys. My mother in law understands your pain, and has shared some of her thoughts with me....while having a girl is great it takes a specail women to raise all boys. Your boys are great. Smart, cute and sweet. You are doing a great job.
I TOTALLY understand everything you mentioned. I wished I was there to give you a hug and cry with you. You have to go through your moarning period and then I think you will be ok. I have another girlfreind that is having her 4th boy and she is done too. We cried for an hour together. I just know I will be in your same boat in about 3 days so we'll cry together over blogs. I know I don't know you that well yet but I would like to do something for you! Would you feel ok giving me your address and email? Mine is lisawlinton@hotmail.com and you can send everything there. Cheer up for tomorrow will be a little bit better!
Aw Brigitta. Your boys are awesome kids and they will be lucky to have you for a mom and your kids for brothers. The world needs more boys like yours and my daughters need people to marry.
As for the fifth boy, the husband, he'll be great once his priesthood kicks in and he can give a decent blessing.
Oh Briggs, I'm feeling for you because I have the same thing the other direction. When we found out Lucy was our FOURTH girl it took us a while to get used to the idea too. Yes, we do have a boy too, but it's so darn sad that he doesn't have a brother. I ache for him. I'm so glad your boys have brothers, and such an amazing dad and mom to raise them. They are going to be quite the catches for some lucky girls some day. Hmmmm...maybe we need to move to California so we can be in the right vicinity!
What a good looking bunch! I think you will love raising those boys and you will have a special bond with them that will be with them forever. Kiley is a pretty mellow girl thus far (knock on wood) and the boys seem to run our house. Although they are busy and loud and obnoxious they are also sweet, loving kind and fun to have around. I think you have exactly what you are supposed to have and will love every minute of it. You can be the coolest mother in law around and work your way in your daughter in laws hearts. I see you being great with it!
Brigitta, I'm with what Celia said... Our girls all need good boys like yours to marry! I am thankful you're doing a great job and raising them to be good men. There is always a little mourning with things like that. But I bet you'll get lucky and your boys will marry awesome girls and you'll have 4 special daughters... just coming to you a little bit late!
I think you are lucky. I would love love one more boy. But I'd just get a little girl and they are so Haaaaard that it ain't worth it.
You'll be a fantastic mother in law and grandma. Just hand out $20's and no one can resist you. I love your pictures.
It's a boy so I am sad right now. Sorry I haven't posted anything I just don't feel like it. I know you know how I am feeling so email and we can talk that way. lisawlinton@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon-
Very nice and thoughtful post. I love that you included the good and the bad. And really, think of all the wedding cash you'll save!
Brigitta it was so fun to hear from you. I can't belive how big Christian is. He was the cutest baby, that's how I remember him. Congratulations on four boys. That would be Brandons dream. You have the perfect temperment to be a mom of all boys. How fun!! talk to you soon.
Hello! I was just referred here from Denae, who said that we have something in common. I JUST posted a blog about finding out yesterday that we are having our fourth, and last, boy. How comforting to find your post about the exact same thing. I only found out yesterday, so I am like a rollar coaster of emotions. Peace and acceptance one moment, then utter devastation, especially when I think about all of the returns I'm going to have to make on all the baby girl clothes I have been buying these last four months. We have got to stick together!
It does seem super shocking when I find out how many people are having all boys. I know a TON of women with three boys, and you and I have sure devasted all of their hopes! :) Thanks for your post and I can't wait to start reading your blog about life with all boys...just like me. :) and :(.
Have you read any of Marilee Boyack's books? She raised 4 boys and loved it and did an incredible job at it. She is an LDS author and I heard her speak on several occasions at Education Week and at Time Out for Women! Check out her books if you get a chance.
Post a Comment