Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's a boy!!!!!

Looks like we will be raising a basketball team. We opened up the ultrasound results on Christmas Eve. We decided it would be our gift to the family to open up the envelope together as a family. The boys were very excited to find out and kept asking all day when we were going to open our Christmas present. I think they were more excited to open the ultrasound results then any other present. Some of us were more surprised then others. I actually had come to grips with the fact that the chances of having a girl were probably less then having a boy. I had been calling this baby Lucy for the past 5 months and then the week of the ultrasound I started thinking that it probably wasn't a girl and I should stop calling my little boy Lucy. After we had the ultrasound we told the technician not to tell us and seal the results in an envelope, but after we left the appointment Mark and I both looked at each other and said "You know it's probably a boy." We are all really excited and now we need to come up with boy names. We kind of ran out of boy names when we named Carson. So if any of you have any wonderful names we are open to ideas and suggestions.

10 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

congrats on your baby boy! what a great idea to open the results together as a family. that's a very sweet idea.

I love the name Brian and Brent.

Please don't shoot me if you hate these names. :)

Paige said...

I like Solomon. And if I had another boy which I wish I did but I won't I'd go for Levi. But you can use it. I agree, boys are hard.

I used to like Chase but now it's too common. Luke is cool. So is Darth vader.

Shawni said...

Wow we sure are on opposite tracks, Briggs! I never got my "Jack," so that's my favorite boy name. I'm so excited for you guys! How great is that to open the results for Christmas. That's awesome. Miss you guys.

Celia Fae said...

So, does this mean you are back? If so, when are you going to call me? Hellloooo?

I think you should name him after his uncle Richard.

Jessica said...

Don't do Levi, that's my name!! (Just kidding.) And it is hard when you have a couple of that sex already, because, at least with me or my husband, there are only a few in each gender that we agree on. You really needed a girl for that reason alone.

D-dawg said...

Congrats on the baby boy! I wish I had name advice for you but I don't. Names are so hard. Did I see that Celia is calling him Richard? That is scary. Don't name him Richard.

Audry said...

Congrats, I like Trevor, or Chase. Both names we thought of if Tatum was a boy.

K Sue said...

I am so excited you are having a baby! I thin you are having a boy because you are a good mom for boys. You are patient and kind.
OK names..hmmm I like the name Sawyer. Cam and I both like this name but who knows when or if we will use it. Any cool old family names??? I miss you - let's play

K Sue said...

P.S. Please don't name him Richard.

Nichole Barney said...

Congrats on #4 BOY! You sure make cute ones so continue the team! Names are hard though! Ill keep my ears out for you!