Tuesday, April 15, 2008

look who's getting older!

We took some pictures of Jacob for his baptism announcement that his uncle Scott is making for him. After looking at the pictures it kind of shook me up that he is growing up and turning eight. I love his little freckles on his nose and his long blonde eyelashes that curl perfectly. He gets a little tired of people commenting on his eyelashes, one day he said he was going to pull them out. Of course I did what any good mom would do I threatened him with all kinds of scarey stuff if he even tries to think of pulling them out. Hopefully it works!
This boy is so full of spunk and personality. He makes me laugh everyday. He likes to come home from school and report about his day. Lately he tells me that there is a lot of girl drama in his class. My only advice to him was it's only just beginning. He can't understand why girls fight so much with one another and say things like "you aren't my friend anymore!" His new thing is to spy on the girls during recess and he apparently is learning all kinds of new things like today when he said I heard the girls say a bad word. I asked him which word and he said, "the b-i-t -#-@ word, I think it means female." I chuckled of course and told him " no, it means female dog and that we don't call people that" etc...
He is so observant of the world around him and he takes in everything like a sponge, sometimes it's the good news and sometimes I get a little worried. Then the other day he reported about how he saw a girl in his class kiss another boy in his class. He says "I just can't get that picture out of my mind". Okay who are these little hussies and what are they doing in second grade. I want to run to school and spank their little be- hinds. Of course I won't admit how I use to chase the boys in elementary school and try to kiss them. Can't wait to see what the girls are going to teach him tomorrow at recess!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Claire said...

Jacob should talk to me. If there's anyone who knows about girl drama, it's me, the one who's in the middle of it all 80% of the time. Boys fight with fists, girls with words.

Audry said...

He is a cute guy. I'm so scared of Madisen being in 2nd grade. It sounds like that's when this drama thing really begins. Hopefully she'll stay away. But I'm sure I'll be dealing with it soon enough

D-dawg said...

He's so cute Brigitta! I can't believe he's 8 either and that that will be lexi in half a year. I love the pictures you took of him. And I can't handle the things going on at school!!!

Christie said...

He is just a sweetheart! It does amaze me how fast the kids seem to grow up at school. I hate it, because it rubs off on my kids, and they start to grow up even faster.

Tristan said...

What a handsome young man! Wow, girls are teaching him a lot obviously! Why must children chase each other and kiss at that age?? I am scared for my daughter now!

diane said...

Girls are far more predatory than boys! He is probably fascinated because he doesn't have sisters around. I'm sure he'll learn more scary stuff on the playground.

Rachel K. Hair:) said...

Jacob is so cute! Did you see the baptism announcements that Scott made for Lindsey? They turned out better than the original ones I ordered on-line. He took great pictures of Lindsey in front of the temple. I can't wait to see what Jacob's announcements look like.