Here I am typing at 1:00 am and reading blogs, thanks to my insomnia during this entire pregnancy. It will be nice to be able to sleep again....wait who am I kidding that won't be for a while, unless I have some perfect baby that sleeps through the night right away. At least my body is getting use to waking up at all hours during the night. As I am winding down to the last month of pregnancy I wanted to reflect upon my feelings about this whole experience.
It's been a good pregnancy, with the usual 4 months of sickness and the middle months of feeling awesome and now the final month of tiredness, sluggishness, discomfort and just not feeling great. Which just makes me want to have the baby any time now. I did try to convince the doctor today that it would probably be okay to induce me right now since I tend to have large babies and I am sure this baby is at least 6 pounds. He thought I was crazy. But if you saw this large torpedo that is attached to my body you would agree with me that this is no small little puppy. Plus I am so excited to have this baby and share him with our boys. They are so eager and excited to meet their new little brother.
Knowing that this is my last pregnancy makes me a little nostlagic, but it also just feels right. I can finally feel like our family is complete. For so many years we tossed the idea back and forth. It only took me 4 years to get over Carson's delivery. (not really) I just could never totally feel like we were done and when this pregnancy came so easily I just knew that this baby had been waiting for us to make a decision for a while. So now as I endure this last month and find myself lying on the couch more often then I am comfortable with. I will just try to enjoy it and not fret if I can't do everything I normally do and allow myself to rest and be lazy.
So if you are looking for me you can find me lying on my new and very comfy couch reading, resting or watching TV. Okay you can also find me shopping for the last minute baby stuff that I have been busy getting, since I have given most of my stuff away. Which is fine, because the baby stuff just gets fancier and better every year and how can I put this sweet little baby in some outfit from 5 years ago, or some car seat this is definitely outdated and unsafe from when Carson was born. So happy shopping for me. The boy clothes even got better over the last few years. I have to admit however I still like to look at all the girl stuff and pretend which dresses I would have put my little girl in for Easter. I'll have to save that game for the grand babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Hi there, I love the update. Unless I am heavily drugged on Ambien CR, I too am awake in the middle of the night, but for different reasons. I haven't seen your new couch, I will have to come over and test sit it. I can't wait to meet your new baby, I am happy for you it is almost over. Can't wait to meet the newest Hair.
I never sleep when I am pregnant, so I can relate. The last month seems to go so slow and so painful! But, shopping for baby stuff is tons of fun! Can't wait to hear the news that your little guy is here!
I got your email..thanks for your thoughts! I have so enjoyed getting to know you better. I just wished so bad we lived closer to see each other and let our boys hang out! I will be in your state in June..lucky me..kids will be home from summer break and it will start to get real real hot here in oooootah!
Ambien is fine during pregnancy.
Please lay around a lot. And your stomach is cute. I wanna pic of your couch.
Rest up my dear. Your baby boy will be here before you know it :)
Hey! I tend to blog stalk you so I hope you don't mind. Just have to give you a little shout out because I just had my 3rd baby boy a month ago and reading your post brought me back to where I was 6 weeks ago. How quickly I forget!
But you voiced everything I was feeling at the time perfectly. I was soooo done with being big and pregnant, yet I knew it was my last pregnancy so I was trying to savor it.
Now here I am at one month post partum and I'm sleep deprived, I'm still figuring out how to parent the baby and the big kids and I feel like I'm going nuts. But alas, since this is the my last "baby", I'm trying to savor it. I guess we can just never get it right.
Cheers!
Oh man how did you get that far along already??? I can't believe you're so close. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. I'm totally with you. One month out I'm DYING to be induced and finally meet that little baby.
You are getting so close! I hope you can get in some good naps or something to make up for your loss of sleep. I hate when I can't sleep. Any names decisions yet?
You will have granddaughters and then you will be able to afford everything and it will be better. That's a guarantee!!
Plus, didn't you know that there is a special place in the C.K. for mothers of four boys? Knowing that, why would you want a girl?
Missed you at lunch, was looking forward to getting to know you better. (Insert sad face here!)
Next time!!!
I am counting the days.
I hope that you take every chance you can get to lay on the couch while you can. I had my doctor tell me once that making a baby is as much work on your body as running a marathon a day. who knows if it's true,but it did make me feel alot better about being so sluggish at the end. We hope all goes well.
Wow, you are so close! Enjoy this time while it lasts, and the baby is "no maintainence"! He'll be here soon enough and you'll long for the quieter days when he was still growing inside you. That said, after he's born though, you won't be able to imagine life without him! Aren't we crazy sometimes?!
Post a Comment