Here are my Pinewood Derby boys....yes it's all about the Dad, because we all know who makes 95% of the car.
I don't know who gets more excited and into it, the father or the son. Here's how we roll. Dad and son talk and discuss about design of the car weeks before. Son draws up plans and father uses his tools and creates car. Son sands it smooth. Then mom spray paints it and messes up and now she is fired from touching the car. Dad orders obscene abouts of paraphernalia, weights, graphite, special extra weights, stickers, other special stuff that needs to be rushed delivered in order to get here on time for the race. Minutes before the race dad and son our fine tuning and putting weights on car.
Here he is, we called him the Green Dragon---Yes, we name our cars!
The Green dragon and Jacob made a fine showing at this years Pinewood Derby. It was Jacob's first and he was so proud and excited.
He got Third place overall.... Dad and son were delighted.
Mom is wondering if we can just spray paint it a different color and use it next year?
Oh and by the way only 11 more cars for Mark to make until his pinewood derby career will be over. That doesn't include the 4 he made while Christian was a cubscout. I am sure by the 16th car he makes we will have a first placer.

4 comments:
I'll get a taste of that in a few years. Until then, I'm enjoying my non-derby days. :) Good Job Jacob(and Dad)
I love the Green Dragon! Pinewood derby is always fun. Have a great weekend~
Oh you gotta love pinewood derby! We just had ours the other night. Chase pulled in 6th place - not quite as impressive as 3rd. I love how the designing and construction of the cars go. I'm with you on the re-paint and use it again next year. I love the name of the car!!!
In our family it's more like this: remember we have the weigh-in for the pinewood derby the night before. Scramble through any old cars or friend's cars we can make work...or run over to a friend's house to borrow some tools quick. Glue some quarters on top of the car to make it weigh enough. Cheer our hearts out for our makeshift car.
We are PATHETIC at scouts. Purely pathetic.
That Jacob is so darn cute. How did he grow up so quick!??
I LOVE the Green Dragon. That should definitely be a re-use one!
Post a Comment