Friday, March 13, 2009

Good friends

Pre Birthday Lunch.....Don't you just love Birthday lunches? I do!

So my friend on the right of me with the dark hair is currently fighting Breast Cancer (and she is doing a great job too.) Doesn't she look too awesome to be sick? She starts her Chemo on Monday and she is constantly on my mind right now. So one of my other friends is doing the Avon 2 day Breast cancer walk and so I told her I wanted to do it with her. I am nervous, I think it's like 40 miles. Anyway if you get an email from me hitting you up for donations (because you have to raise like $1800 in order to participate) you will know that I am doing it for someone I love dearly and someone I know who is going to beat this thing 100%, thanks to early detection, lots of prayers and awesome Doctors. I also happen to live in a county that has one of the highest breast cancer diagnosis. Which is such a scary mystery !

You know your friends know you well when you get duplicate gifts. Seriously, aren't they the greatest? Can't wait to clock in my running time, mileage and pace.

Sorry Natalie that I didn't put in the picture of the freakishly adorable apron you got me, but it looked like I had like 5 chins in the picture and you can't expect me to post a hideous picture of myself on my own blog, right? Denae everytime I walk by my island smelling candle I feel like I just took a mini vacation, thanks. And Audry we missed you, hopefully you will get to leave your house one of these days, sick kids are no fun. And Karen hope you are having fun eating your way through New Orleans.

Thanks girls for a delicious lunch and gifts, but most importantly for the great friendship and good times!

5 comments:

diane said...

One of my Ya-yas is fighting breast cancer right now. She is 50 and has no family history. She is done with chemo and rocking the wigs. Today she starts radiation. it is such a long process.

My husband got the Nike thing for Christmas. It is way cool.

I'm glad you had fun with your friends.

Audry said...

SO glad you had fun! SOrry I missed it. I hope I get to get out of my house soon too. Have fun in Vegas!

Lorie said...

Happy Birthday, Brigitta!!

jacksonfamiliatwins said...

Happy birthday Brigitta! Your little boy is so cute, he's smiling for the pic. Glad u got to celebrate w/the girls and have a fabulous weekend as well! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Take pics~

D-dawg said...

I love that Baby E is totally smiling in the picture right at the camera. So cute. It was so fun and I hope you;re having a blast in Las Vegas.