Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bittersweet

It bitter and it's sweet that this school year is rounding to the end. This is the first year that I can honestly say that all my boys had the best teachers. Really they did and I hate to see it end. I know that will never happen again. So how can you let a school year like that end without a few tears shed?
Kindergarten baby-(he's the one on the left of me) Except for I was the one crying like a baby at the kindergarten celebration as his adorable teacher said the kindest things about him. He got the Jolly Rancher award, because he was always so happy and "jolly" to be at school.
The guy on my lap well let's just say he is as busy and cute as ever and sometimes I find myself counting down to the day when he gets to go to school.
Next, the boy to the right of me....Middle school survivor. If you know this kid you know that he is as sweet as they come. He escaped the first year of middle school without any problems and he loved it. It's been fun watching him grow up and mature. Except for one problem. I discovered, when he brought home his gym clothes from the end of the year locker clean up, I realized he probably only brought them home twice during the year to be washed.....yuck!
Last boy on the right.....teachers pet. And he loved every moment of it. What do you do when your childs teacher tells you she is sorry but she probably accidently favored him all year because he laughs at all her jokes, and he looks and acts just like her own third grader at home. I said thanks for being a wonderful teacher and now make sure he gets the best 4th grade teacher for next year. Although he won't possibly be as loved as he was this year!
*sorry for repeat picture but I only have so many pictures of me with my lovely crew. And they usually only get taken on Mothers day or Easter. I think this was from Mothers day.

5 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Cute boys! It is hard to say good bye to another school year. I am ready for a break from the hectic schedule but I don't want my kids to get older on me.

Jessica said...

I just really hate those milestones that make you realize that time really is passing!

diane said...

I remember a year like that when all my kids had the perfect teachers for their learning styles.

What is it with boys and PE clothes. Disgusting.

Silkunderground said...

Gitta your hair looks lovely in that picture...sorry just had to tell you that!

PS. stop Ethan's growing now. He needs to stay baby.

(This is lil sis Sam!)

Shawni said...

How is time passing us by so darn fast!!?? Those boys are growing up so quick.