Tuesday, August 11, 2009

16 years

Last Friday marked our 16 year anniversary. Time flies when you are having fun. 16 years use to sound like an eternity to me, but some how it just snuck up on me in a blink of an eye.

I like to think that we have grown up together these past 16 years, seeing that we were just infants when we got married.


This is what I know about life you just never know what's going to come your way. Sometimes it's a gamble. Sometimes things work out and unfortunately sometimes they don't. Great people get married all the time and it doesn't always turn out. Marriage can be hard and challenging. It can also be fun and so worth it. I am just glad that in my infancy I had the common sense to marry someone that is my best friend. I like to think that Someone was looking out for me, because I really can't believe I could have made such a good choice on my own. Life isn't perfect and marriage definitely isn't, but if you have someone who loves you and is on your side you can get through the ups and downs of life together. I am a lucky girl. So thanks for the great years and here's to many, many more. xoxoxoxoxo

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

I will never forget your big day either! You guys are an amazing couple! You look amazing too! I only wish we could see more of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy anniversary. We did 16 last year. It gets better every year, although sometimes I think it couldn't get any better (at the risk of being nauseating). It is so good to be married and sealed to your bestest friend and love of your life. So happy for the two you. We love you both so much. So happy we have the great pleasure to be your friends. You are two very wonderful people.

Anonymous said...

I goofed, we did 16 last May, although that seems like a year ago with the pace of life these days!

diane said...

You look absolutely gorgeous in that color.

Happy 16!

Jeneric Hansen said...

You made me tear up!

Shawni said...

I so agree.

COngrats on 16 great years. I think you guys are the greatest couple. Love ya!