This little guy has been doing something lately, that quite frankly scares me. So if anyone is familiar with this maybe you could give me some advice. He's a hold your breath crier, never had any of my other kids do this. It happened a few times this week, once while we were at dr. office getting flu shots. The dr. told me not to let him do this and informed me that kids use this as a way to control and manipulate and that if they don't stop when they are young they will continue as they get older and it gets more serious. Excuse me I didn't think I was letting him do it, it just kind of happened. And then she offered no solutions or help with her wonderful advice. So now I all have is this fear he is gonna do it and rather then just turn blue, that he might actually pass out and that scares me. I don't do well with passing out. So I am looking for tips and info. on how to stop him from holding his breath while crying. I blow on his face and tell him to breath. Anything else I should do???

6 comments:
oh my gosh. Scary! One of my boys used to do this but it wasn't that often. What I found that worked was when they're holding their breath and while their mouth was still open, I would blow into their mouth really hard and quick (no lips on lips, just blow) and then that would make them have to take a breath. Good luck! Love your new pics by the way. Soooo cute and you look beautiful as ever. :)
I had a couple kids do this. They all survived. It is a little freaky! We had a little head banging with it at times which scared me even more because it was like they were seriously out of control.
I never had a kid do this but my neighbor girl would do this all the time and then pass out. She eventually stopped. It freaked her mom out but honestly, how can you stop them.
Your new family pictures look great. How come you didn't wear the Kate wig?
Hi doll! My cousins' 2 year old does this ALL the time. She passes out sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, depending how mad she is. The Dr. told her there isn't much they can do, just try not to let her get so mad. She's been doing it for over a year. It's scary, but she's fine. I think it's just something they grow out of. Try not to worry. Miss you!
OH MY WORD!!!! My little one has been doing this too ( I am quite sure I even did a post about it)! We need to talk..I have some suggestions that has worked for Cruz. My oh my are we so alike or WHAT!! Cruz has been doing this since I stopped breastfeeding which was about 4 months ago. I have been putting iron suppliments in his milk as I read that sometimes babies that hold their breath are low on iron. It has seemed to work..he doesn't do it daily now, just maybe once a week. We all try REALLY really hard to give him what he wants so he won't hold his breath but I am afraid we are creating another problem in that giving in to what he wants is making him a little stinker. Anyway, I could write and write so call me if you want and we can chat about our cute little blue babies! 801-938-6177
Bailey used to have breath-holding spells. Then she'd go into seizures too if she had a fever. That was a scary time. All the pediatricians said she was doing it as a manipulation but I never thought that she did it on purpose. She always felt terrible after passing out. My dr's all said that once they pass out they're actually fine again. So, just keep him safe so he doesn't pass out on the edge of the bed and hit his head or in the bathtub, etc. Bailey finally grew out of it but not until age 4!!!
Post a Comment