Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bobsledding

This is what happens when parents take too long of a Sunday nap

Children find ways to keep themselves entertained

And they come up with very interesting activities when left to their own devices. Especially since they can't do anything electronic on Sunday and therefore they must use their creative little minds to entertain themselves.
I wake up from a very delicious Sunday nap in search of something yummy to eat like a bear after hibernation. It's the kind of nap that's painful to wake up from and then when I finally rouse myself from my deep sleep all I want to do is eat something decadent like chocolate. I walk out of my bedroom door, to find my 3 boys bobsledding down the stairs. They have their ski helmets on with goggles and they are using their sleeping bags as their bobsled car. They are even using timers to track their times and award winners. I couldn't resist they were too funny and of course I had to blog it.
I guess they are getting ready for the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

D-dawg said...

Very cute, I love when kids come up with game and keep themselves busy! And I love Sunday naps. Mine today was heavenly.

*Tanyetta* said...

i looooooooooove the photos. they are soooooooo cute and very smart to not wake mommy :)

Shawni said...

They must have been quiet bobsledders! I need to indulge in the "Sunday Nap" more. I love the bangs by the way. Your other post about it made me realize that's why I got bangs...it was either that or Botox! Ha ha. Also, gotta love the Legos. Better get those kids to Legoland while the magic is still going. Max still plays with his sometimes and has loved them so much. Then FOUR girls in a row kind of put a damper on the Lego collection.

Jessica said...

That is hilarious. Very creative kids...you must be proud.

I also need chocolate after naps. It's the most dangerous time when I'm trying to diet, because I seriously cannot reason with myself when I having post nap cravings.

Celia Fae said...

Didn't they wake you up when they were sledding? Or were you "napping" with Mark and already awake? I love the picture. Jacob looks so serious.

Nortorious said...

Nothing electronic on Sunday, like use the lights or the oven? Are you Jewish? Do you walk to church?

Anonymous said...

I love that one of your boys is wearing a helmet! What a crack up!

Lisa-Marie said...

Love the helmets!!! Safety first!

Claire said...

Jamcan, bobsled team!