Donuts with Dad
For the past few years Mark and the boys have a tradition of getting donuts Saturday morning. It's an awesome tradition, it provides them with boy bonding time and plus I don't have to make breakfast. Although I know donuts aren't the most nutritious breakfast, at least it makes them happy, even if their teeth rot out. This morning we were excited because they just opened up a bagel shop close to our house that serves donuts. Usually they have to go to the bakery at the grocery store, which is fine, but not the whole experience of sitting at a donut shop listening to the town gossip. When we lived in CT all they had were dunkin donut shops (which were everywhere) the donuts were okay, but didn't have the homemade taste. Other places we've lived they had those old timer donut shops where old people hang out all morning and then your 2 your old can say to the nice old men sitting close by "Why is your nose so big?" Yes, that was our middle child Jacob that said that a few years ago. Mark and I just sat there as the old man explained to him why his nose was so big. So, naturally we are excited that now we will have our own special donut spot. However, we learned this morning that we've got to come early because the donuts go really fast!!!!!



4 comments:
Um, they have doughnuts at the bagel shop? Since when? And did you go with them so you could take those pictures?
Why weren't you at the broadcast tonight? We missed you. The food was delicious. Not.
Yum!!!!!!!!
Kids say the darndest things. The old guy should've warned him about LARGE ears too. I had no idea when you get older your ears keep growing. wow.
too funny!
p.s. what a great tradition-donuts with dad. too cute.
mmmmmm...I think I'll start that tradition too. Nothing better than chocolate for breakfast, although I'd prefer a chocolate chip cookie.
pictures are darling. I love that the old man took time to explaing the big ears thing. My #3 child Max has a knack for asking complete strangers the most embarassing questions. For example "why you have those owies all over your face?" to the poor teenage bag boy at the grocery store. Nice
Post a Comment