I am in Love
I am in love with my latest purchase from TJMaxx, which got me thinking about how fashion just doesn't have to be expensive. Where else can you buy BCBG shoes for $39.99. Not at Nordstroms, which reminds me that the last pair of shoes I bought at Nordstroms hurt my feet so much I can't even look at them without my feet wanting to cry. Then I have to feel bad about how much I paid for those worthless shoes and why didn't I just get them at TJMaxx, because then I wouldn't feel guilty if I only wore them once.
We all know and love those great stores (Target, H&M, TJMaxx, Ross etc) that bring the fashion to us at reasonable prices. Which brings me to my other point. It is just not necessary for people to be dressed so horribly, when there are countless stores with up to date fashions at great prices. Come on, we all know those ladies who are in need of a fashion intervention. You know those people you see and think wouldn't they be fun to nominate for the show "What not to wear"? I always think that would make a great Enrichment activity!
So there you have my 2 cents on Fashion.


6 comments:
I'm going to need those in a 6 1/2, please, because they are the cutest things ever. We aren't in the same ward so it will work. I'm sure the primary kids will adore them like they do all my other shoes. Oh wait, they don't notice and i wear them for me so I can look down at my cute feet in sac meeting.
size 10 please!!!! ;)
ps. i also need help in the fashion department. i would NOT take it personal if you nominated me for a fashion victim show :)
Cute silver shoes!! I happen to really enjoy silver shoes at the moment.
You inspired me to lie to my husband and sneak away to TJ's tonight. There was a line so I couldn't buy anything. You are an inspiration to us all.
Oh, man, I would have a FIELD DAY with enrichment fashion victim. The closest we have is a closet exchange, which is always a good idea in theory but ends up being people exchanging their scary clothes. Sometimes I wish there was another box on my tithing slip for "fashion disaster fund".
I've been trying to convince someone to nominate me for that show! I want the 5,000 dollar wardrobe. I have it all planned out. For a month I will wear nothing but my husbands t-shirts, no bra, and his pajama pants. They will interview my friends who will say, "She used to dress so cute before she had kids. Now we can't get her out of her pajamas."
The only hitch is I don't want any ex-boyfriends to watch the show and say, "wow! Dodged that bullet!!"
Post a Comment