Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Killers were pretty Killer

Highlight of my weekend:
Going to Tahoe to see the Killers in Concert

Okay, what kind of band calls themselves the Killers? The name makes them sound like some evil band, but they aren't. They are a pretty light hearted band with good lyrics and a nice beat. They were a lot of fun to watch and put on a great show. So next time you want to explore some new music take a listen on itunes and hear some of their songs you might recognize a few. Plus an added bonus the lead singer was raised in a Mormon home. He grew up in Nephi,Utah and Las Vegas (where all good mormons live) He started the show with "Good evening Brothers and Sisters" and then of course Mark and I instantly felt right at home.

It's always fun to go to a concert and bond with people who have the same taste in music, but then you look around and think what do I have in common with these people? Then you start to panic and think I hope I don't have anything in common with these people as the girl behind me is ready to barf and can barely hold herself up. And two guys are over in the corner having a fight over something really important I am sure. Oh and the smell of pot is always refreshing. You would think at an indoor venue people wouldn't have the gumption to light up, but they do and then we all get a little high from our concert friends.

Anyway lots of fun and well worth the trip to Tahoe and of course we got to enjoy the beauty of the Sierra's.

3 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Did you inhale? I hope so. A secondhand buzz is all you're going to get these days. Have you read Paige's comments? Why do I seem so obsessed with weed?

Nortorious said...

Yes, Robb Hanks, same guy. He's a good friend of mine. He's living in Utah, very accomplished photog. Check out his website. www.robbhanks.com

Shawni said...

I'm so out of it on music I'll have to see if I recognize some of the songs. Glad you and Mark had fun.