Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Getting older, Getting better???



So when you get birthday cards like this, does it mean you are getting older??? I realized this is the first year that most of my birthday cards from friends etc. were cards with jokes about getting older. Which made me embrace the fact I am officially getting old. I am actually okay with the fact that I am closer to 40 then I am to 30. Do we get better with age? They say women, cheese and wine get better with age. I sure hope so. I've learned a lot in my 20's and 30's, and although I'd like to have some of the things I had in my 20's, like a flat stomach, no wrinkles or sun spots. I wouldn't change the experiences and things I have learned over the past years. So after celebrating a nice birthday weekend (because birthdays should be celebrated over a period of time preferably a week or weekend) with my husband, friends and my sister I can honestly say I don't feel older inside, even if I look older on the outside.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jenibelle said...

You look great!!! And 40 isn't bad at all and you know what? I'm rounding the corner to 50 and it isn't that bad either!! You can't even tell your pregnant from the back, I think that's saying something. I wouldn't go back to the bad hair days of my 20's, the leggings of my 30's. I don't particularly like my body (okay, not AT ALL) in the 40's, but I love the lines of experience and happiness on my face.

President Busche was Byron's mission Pres!! He said he had a super tall daughter that was just gorgeous, all the missionaries were in love with her!! Small, small world~

Lisa said...

Amen Sista! I feel that I get better with age. I just turned 37 a month ago and feel great! I've heard your life just gets started at 40 so here we go!! I've heard that in the 20s you are figuring what you like in life, 30s are all about establishing yourself and proving it to others, 40s you really don't care to impress and you are who you are..kinda like take me how I am or get outta here and the 50s are I don't have time to mess with you..get on the train with me or get off!

I am sorry I haven't responded to your posts..my husband was traveling for 8 days and I was in auto pilot mode just trying to get by. I am feeling great. Body is getting quite the big belly. I am still trying really hard to get excited about another boy but I have had 2 ultrasounds now and it is 99.9% for sure. So I guess I need to embrace the thought since I only have 3 months left! Take care and happy birthday! Email your address as I would love to send you happy cards in the mail!

Nichole Barney said...

Happy Birthday! I always think of you as we celebrate all month. I was totally thinking the same thing the other day. I dont feel any different on the inside but I am feeling it on the outside. We are getting old but it feels good in reality!

Shawni said...

Happy Birthday, Brigitta! I was actually thinking of you on your b-day but never called...I'll try to get a hold of you this week. Glad to hear it was a good one.

Tristan said...

Happy late birthday! I think you look really great!

It was very nice to meet you!

Claire said...

In one month or less, you will have a fourth child.