Monday, August 4, 2008

Week in Review

So we started school this past week. It's the good news and the bad news.

Good News:
the house stays a little cleaner during the day. A quiet house. I get to just hang out with my sweet baby. Get back to a schedule and routine. Start working on projects like loosing this baby fat.

Bad News
going to the school a millions times a day, waiting in long lines at drop off and pick up at schools, My big kids keep getting bigger, (who is letting them grow up so quickly?) No more fun summer stuff, and it is still summer outside, jealous when we hear others going on trips that we want to go on, homework, sports and piano practices, scouts, art lessons. Basically running and shuttling children all over town.

My sixth grader and my third grader

Our little kindergartner. I was proud I didn't even cry when I dropped him off for the first day of school. It's the first time for me. Maybe it's because I know it won't be my last kindergartner...

This is what he does while his brothers are working hard at school all day....sleep,sleep and more sleep. Isn't he so sweet?

Bye bye swim team

Our last and final swim meet of the year. We kind of fizzled out the past few weeks. I think we hadn't been to a practice in 3-4 weeks. So he was a little out of shape,form and not much endurance. Oh well, he still gave a pretty good showing at the league finals. On to the next sports for the season............ soccer and tennis.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, your kids are already back in school? I'm jealous! Mine still have 2 more weeks. I don't know who is more excited, Mom or the boys! :)

Shawni said...

WHat the heck is up with being in school already? My kids start on Wednesday. What are they thinking? Seriously. After being out of town all summer with the slowest internet ever I just got caught up on your blog. I love to hear what you guys are up to. It looks like all's well. I wish I could hold that baby! Miss you guys!