Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthday Girl

Dear Anna,

Happy Birthday!!!! 15 years ago you came into this world with a mop of blond curls on your head and a happy smile on your face. Uncle Markie and I had just been married. We would go over to your mom's house and visit you. It was love at first sight. Sometimes we'd steal you away from your mom and pretend you belonged to us. Even now when you visit us, I like to pretend you are mine. I am grateful to your mom that she has let me share you with her. When your mom named you she stole the name I had always wanted to name my first daughter. As it turns out you are the girl I will never have and I am glad that she gave you that name. It is a name you and I both share. I am proud of the girl you have become. You are smart, artistic, talented, beautiful, funny, kind, loving and a good teenager. Remember those qualities about you, they will take you far in life. I see you holding, watching, loving and playing with my 4 babies and I'm so glad that you are like an older sister to them. You even tease them like a good older sister. It really does seem like last week when I was playing, holding, and loving you as a baby, but here we are 15 years later. We all love you and hope you had a wonderful 15th birthday. Wish we could have been there!

1 comment:

Nichole Barney said...

She has always been a beautiful girl. I can't believe she 15! Happy birthday Anna!