Lately it seems like the only thing that comes out of my mouth is...
clean your room
put away your shoes
brush your teeth
do your homework
practice the piano
be nice
stop teasing your brother
get ready for school
put away your dishes
pick up your wet towel for the millioneth time
Oh ya and don't forget to breath.....
and the list goes on and on
You get my point! I need to figure out a better way to get through to these boys, because it seems like the nagging isn't really working. And I am exhausted from repeating myself a hundred times a day.
I need help! S.O.S.


5 comments:
Well, when you get it send it my way because I hear you sister!
Brigitta, I wish I could help but I am in the same boat. I started a new chore chart on Monday and the freaking thing takes them the whole day- and all it is is the basics- clean room, get ready, homework, piano, and family job. It's hard being a mom. I feel like such a meanie. I think trying to make up for it on the weekends could work- just try to play or doing something special and no nagging on Saturdays (o:
Good luck. It's the lot of a mother.
I've just started reading and listening to and trying out, little by little, the Love and Logic Parenting method. My SIL, who has 7 kids, and is completely amazing, has been doing it for a year now and loves it.
It's all about NOT nagging and letting them take responsibility and having the consequences for their decisions. Maybe you want to look into it?
It's a lot, and frankly, makes me feel guilty for the parenting I had been doing, and it's kind of overwhelming, so I'm just trying to implement one concept at a time.
I'm totally with Jessica on the Love and Logic thing...I went to one class and it's a whole new way of thinking. BUT, I'm with you 100%. I'm nag central over here, even after the class...
Nagging is in my parenting tool box as well. All I can say is now that two have flown the nest and are thriving, some of it got through.
My best friend wrote a book called The Parenting Breakthrough. She's funny and has good ideas. Deseret Book or Amazon carry it.
Post a Comment