Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A boys first crush

I am probably going to be in lots of trouble for sharing this, but a few nights ago I had the sweetest (and funniest) conversation with my oldest. I was hanging out with Christian and we were just chit chattin about life. He asked me if I ever had a crush when I was in middle school. I started telling him about all my crushes in grade school, high school, college and then my biggest crush when I met his dad. Anyway, I didn't think much of it. Then later in the evening he came to me and said "Mom I want to tell you something" and his cheeks got all flushed and he had a big grin on his face......."I have a crush on a girl in my class"...this is coming from a kid who is pretty shy (kind of like his daddy) and reserved. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself (is that strange?) So then I continued by asking him questions and he shared all kinds of info. with me, which delighted me because sometimes it's so difficult to get this kid to talk . So please don't embarrass him, by saying anything!!! I will probably have to delete this blog post, but he doesn't really read my blog anyway. I just couldn't resist, it was too cute for me to forget the moment, so I had to document it for posterity's sake, right?????

3 comments:

D-dawg said...

Brigitta, that is so cute. And so great that he told you!! I'm hoping my kids will tell me some day! Do you approve of the girl? Did he pick a good one??

diane said...

It is so sweet that he shared this with you.

Celia Fae said...

I can't believe he fessed up. My kids would rather die before they did that. I must be a teasing mom.