When I was in college I had no idea what I wanted to study. I knew I liked children and so I pursued my degree in Elementary Education. I taught school for 3 years and it was a love/hate relationship. I loved the kids and the teaching, but hated some of the other stuff. It was a lot of work. I admire teachers and all that they do. I don't know if I will go back to do that someday...who knows maybe I will.
Some days I wonder when my kids are grown and out of the house what am I going to do with myself. (I know I do have some time, 18 years to be exact) I just know I want to do something....here are some of the things.
When I grow up I want to:
1. Go to cooking school
2. Own my own business.... I always wanted to have a crepe shop where people could come in and get crepes in all different varieties.
3. Have a job that involves lots of traveling....(of course who doesn't)
4. Be a school psychologist
5. Write childrens books----I love good childrens books. I have a story in my head, but it's not written and lucky for me my sister married a very talented artist that could do the illustrations....hint hint....Nick. You can check out his amazing art work here http://www.nicholascolemanart.com
But who knows maybe I will be too old by then and my skills not really marketable. I am a girl that needs projects and right now my project is my little family.....but one day there will be time for me and other projects and so I will continue to dream of what I will do when I grow up.
What do you want to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Teach part time at a college. Very part time.
And have a catering business where I don't have to work nights and weekends.
See a trend?
I want to have a job where I work from 6 am to 9 am every day and my husband has to do the morning routine. Oh wait, I want that now.
When I grow up I am going to be a professional book reader.
When I grow up, I want to be either a book critic with my own column in the newspaper (but how would I ever stand those journaling classes?) or a dental hygenist because they have good hours and wouldn't it be so satisfying to see those perfectly polished teeth and not have to worry about anything involving grammar(wich my language arts teachers for the past 2 1/4 years have ground into my memory, never to be questioned)? A better question is: do I end that last sentence with a period or a question mark and is it a run-on sentence? And why, after at least a year of doing this, can I type like a normalperson?
-Claire, Celia's daughter, for all those people on the internet who will read this.
Ahem,
That last sentence (is or was? YOU decide) supposed to be:
"...And why, after a year+ of typing classes/typing essays, can I not type like a normal person?..."
I love the Children's book idea. Can't wait to read it!
I need a dream. I need a plan. I only have 18 months til my nest is empty.
Post a Comment