This is how the 15 day flu works:
1. Child #3 has fever for five days
2. Right when his fever breaks child #1 gets the fever for the next 5 days
3. And then barely overlapping with child #1, child #2 starts burning up.
So now 15 days later all three older children have had the FEVER for five days, accompanied by a little nausea and then very stuffy noses. So now I am waiting for me and Ethan to get the FEVER.
It's funny to watch how different personalities handle sickness. Some just curl up in bed and sleep. Some get mad at mom because they are sick. Some enjoy taking medicine and can't wait for the next dose. Some yell at you everytime you mention that they need to take the grape flavored motrin. Some moan and groan and whine. Some want to fight and yell at the sickness and think that's going to make them feel better. Some just are content sleeping in their bed all day. Some prefer sitting on the couch all day watching obscene amounts of TV. And some think they can do normal activities even though they are burning up like a sauna. No matter how they deal with it the good news is they eventually get better. Hallelujah!!!!


7 comments:
Yuck! 15 days?! So far Braden is the only one to get that fever bug here - crossing my fingers that it stops with him, too!
You need another vacation. Now the only fever around your house will be March madness fever. I hope. Stay well.
We've all got the FEVER too! All, but Charlie. Thought is was allergies, but nope...it's been crazy. I feel for you guys!
Love the St. Patrick's Day collage...that little ones smile is to die for! Get well soon~
my favorite personality is the "i love medicine and will sleep all day" kid. but i also have the "anti-medicine whiner". glad you're all feeling better...so far.
Isn't that true about the different personalities of sickness. You can tell a lot about a person by how they act when they are sick. I must admit, I like it just a little bit when my baby (he's three but still my baby for another month), is sick because he just let's me snuggle him. Looks like you'll need another vacation.
Wow that is some serious sickness! I am sure you are glad to get that out of the house! No fun!
We've had the Flu bug here for 4 weeks now! I can't wait until everyone is better. Life sucks right now!!!
Post a Comment