It's true there really is such a thing and after visiting the Dr. today we discussed some of the options. Go figure the boy will eat limes, but he gags on anything that isn't pureed (baby food). We've tried all the introduction foods that help them transition to solids. Every meal we make attempts, and yet he still gags on watermelon, yoghurt's that have chunky fruits, cheerios, Gerber puffs, it's a little ridiculous. We even tried the little mesh things....that are frankly are a mess.
Momma called the Dr. and the Dr. said if by next month he can't eat big boy food we will be going to an occupational therapist to help him with his issues. Poor boy already has issues. Sorry hope it wasn't anything I passed down to you through the womb.
Anyone have any ideas, suggestions or stories.
Ever think you need food therapy?I do. Like why do I eat healthy all day and then come about 8:00 at night it's pure sabotage. It's like my body kicks into self-pilot and I pilot myself over to the cupboard and think I need to whatever is in there even if it's kids snack food. Then after I eat it I just beat myself up about it. Or how about those so undelicious (is that word, I think not) corn dogs that I made for the kids for lunch today and then decided I really need to eat one. Why, oh why, it's just doesn't feel right after you eat one of those things. Do they have food therapy for adults, cause maybe I need to attend.


No comments:
Post a Comment