Sunday, July 5, 2009

Who said it was okay for you to turn 12?

I am not sure who, but I guess it happaned anyway. I am slowly learning to embrace the fact that as he gets older it means I am getting older (even though I feel young inside?) I remember my mom saying that when I was a kid and my thoughts were....'what do you mean you still feel young, because you totally act and look old to me'....sorry mom, but those were my adolescent thoughts. So now I know what she was talking about. Even though my body is getting older, perhaps inside I can still feel young at heart. Don't you always hear those songs about being young at heart? So I guess it's not all that bad to be young at heart. I know that I definitely look my age, because there is no way of trickin that mirror of mine, but that doesn't mean I always have to act my age, right? Okay enough about me, now on to the fabulous birthday boy.
12 facts about this boy
1. He has got a heart of Gold, really he does.
2. He is good with math & numbers (fathers gene)
3. He wakes up happy every morning (not sure whose gene)
4. He is a great example to his 3 younger brothers.
5. He has a quiet confidence about him that you just have to admire.
6. He wants to make good choices in his life
7. He gets along with most everyone.
8. He remembers the most peculiar facts and is a collector of random information.
9. I feel so lucky to be his mom
10. For the most part he has made parenting pretty easy. Just the normal bumps and bruises along the way.
11. He considers his brothers and cousins to be his best friends.
12. And he is so undemanding when it comes to giving him presents, which of course makes me just want to spoil him, but I try not to.
Love you, my favorite 12 year old!

3 comments:

D-dawg said...

Christian is so sweet. Even just looking at his smile in pictures shows that. I am glad he had a great b-day. I can't believe he is 12 either! It is a great thing that he is such a good example as the oldest brother. Happy Birthday Christian!

Jessica said...

I will die if one of my kids ever turns 12.

And, if you don't mind my saying so: your husband is cute.

Lisa said...

I'm up and running again. I've changed my blog. Check it out sometime! I've missed chatting with my sista in arms!!