Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To cut or not to cut?

To cut or not to cut? That is the question of the hour. Here I am superficially thinking about what to do with my hair. Rather then listen to GW talk on the news about the bail out plan, or stress out about the doom and gloom economy, or watch the stock market make more dramatic drops or worry about how bad all of this is effecting the retirement funds or wonder if my house value could go any further down the toilet, or stress that I am not sure which candidate to vote for in Nov. Those things don't make me happy. So I am going to wonder, debate, worry, stress and ponder about my hair instead.

This is me last summer (with Christian) I am a bob girl. I've had an a line bob most my married life. I have been admiring all the lovely bobs lately. (they are everywhere)

While I was pregnant with baby #4 my hair grew with the help of prenatal vitamins and okay maybe a few hair extensions. I know call me what you want, but this girl has baby fine hair and I needed a little volume okay and some length.

So here is my current length of hair (hopefully the double chin is going away though.....BTW Wednesday weigh in, down another pound this week.)
I like my hair alright, but I find myself putting it in ponytails most of the time unless I actually take the time to style it. And it's a little bit more of upkeep with the extensions. So now do I succumb to the peer pressure of all the darling bobs or do I just keep it long hair for a while?

9 comments:

diane said...

Cut it! Cut it! Esspecially if you are pulling it up any way. You will look chic.
I want to try extensions.

Tami said...

I say cut it. I like it both ways, but I think you look especially darling with the bob. Maybe you could compromise and make it a longer bob. I wanted to cut mine that short but my husband had a cow! Good luck!

GO Gray's said...

Cut it. I love shorter hair. Besides it will give you something new and fun!!!

Amy said...

Brigitta-I'm Lorie's sister in-law and I have a horrible habit of lurking around her blog links! I love reading your blog, and had to give my vote! I think you should cut it! The picture of you with short hair is very fashionable! whenever I see Lorie, I find myself instantly jealous of her adorable hair! Thanks for letting me lurk and vote! :) Amy

Lorie said...

I’m really torn….I’m sort of partial to the bob (my own hairstyle over the past years can tell you that) but know it’s not as easy as “just growing it out” for you should you cut it and change your mind. Your long hair is nice for a change, but short hair is much easier. Cut it. I think.

Churchhouse said...

Hey Brigitta- It is Missy from the cruise and the Lewis's friends. I came across your blog and saw the name and thought it has to be you.

Wow, 4 boys now! Where are you living now? We saw LeGrand in July up in Utah. I think Tara was on a girls trip with you-is that right?

Fun to see your family.

Jodie said...

i love the bob. my hair is fine like yours. i always want to grow it long but it just looks thicker and healthier in a shorter cut.

Shawni said...

don't cut it! Ok I'm just saying that because everyone else is saying to get the bob. I do think you look so great with long hair though. I must admit I'm really finally starting to like my new cut. It's just different than the long hair I've had for the last 20 years which I like. And it is SOOO easy and fast. You'll look great no matter what you do!

Nichole Barney said...

I am so used to you with short hair I kinda like the long for a change. My hair has been long forever and I was wanting a change so I kinda went in between with a long a line bob so I can still pull it up. You could try that! Your hair always looks good whatever you do!