Motherhood guilt:
Here is one of my many motherhood guilt trips. I hardly ever bake cookies. I know can you believe the horror? I love to cook, but I don't really like to bake. My poor children actually eat store bought cookies. I do this for a reason, store bought cookies don't tempt me, but fresh homemade cookies do, and that's after I've eaten half of the batter. So It's not for lack of desire, but lack of will power.
I really really want to be that mom that has fresh baked cookies after school waiting with a glass of milk for her hard working children after a long day at school. I have a friend (Carol) who makes the most delicious cookies and whenever I go to her house she is whipping up something yummy.
I feel her children just might have better childhood memories then mine, because they were laced with melt in your mouth cookies and my poor children are forced to settle with chips ahoy! So how can I give my children melt in your mouth memories. Well I decided to make her delicious cookies over the weekend, and was completely disappointed when they tasted alright but nothing like her fabulous cookies. (maybe because I ate half of the batter before I baked them???) I think I should talk her into making extra batches of cookies each week for my family and then I can stage them by putting them in my oven to serve to my sweeties when they come home from school. I like that idea!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I feel your guilt. I don't bake either. Store bought cookie are so much easier. But I have a daughter who loves to bake. She's always asking me if we can bake something. I feel so guilty because I just don't have the desire. What is wrong with me? I need to be better in this area.
My solution to this problem...Break and Bake.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't even like to cook (except Thanksgiving and when I entertain). I console myself by thinking my future daughter-in-laws will appreciate it – my boys are growing up thinking daddies are suppose to cook the meals!
There you go, comparing yourself to others! You can't do that. There is something much more important that YOU do for your family that any cookie recipe (no matter how FABULOUS) could ever do! We will work on the cookies--maybe it's the secret of the Bosch! Or, I will just drop off cookie dough every now and then. They'll never know the difference!
I am a cooker not a baker myself. I really try to not have cookies in the house because they are all too tempting to me.
I miss you too. Can I move back there now?
Post a Comment