Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Homemaker-baker

Today I let the happy homemaker come out and play for a little while. We made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and also sugar cookies for Jacob's class Halloween party. I like to pretend I am the cookie baking mommy and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Until I have to clean up then the naggy mom shows up again.
Doesn't this homemaker look lost in this picture?? I'd like to think that I am not that lost when I am baking. Check out those retro mixing bowls. I totally have bowls that look like that. I guess some good things never go out of style.

7 comments:

Lorie said...

I love that picture! Maybe she's thinking, "is it too early to have a drink?"

Just kidding!

K Sue said...

That is so funny! That is the same thing I do. But when I do bake I realize that I am a much better cooker than a baker. I think that the worst part of baking is the mess. For some reason when flour and sugar are the mess it seems extra messy and irratating to clean.

Jodie said...

Oh! please please bring over some of those pumpkin choc chip cookies. Yum!

Audry said...

I made cupcakes for Madisen's class. Lets not talk about the frosting because I had to go to 3 different stores to find black.

Shawni said...

I love when I just have a day like that when I hang with the kids and bake. It's the best.

diane said...

Maybe she's wondering who will clean up the mess. I vote for the kids.

Celia Fae said...

I'm just grateful you share the wealth. Two Brigitta treats in two days. I'm totally spoiled.