in Mouth
Putting your foot in your mouth?? Ever had that happen to you? My extended family is well known for that (we tend to say whatever is rattling through our brain without even thinking about what we are saying, it gets us in lots of trouble)
Sometimes it's funny and I can laugh at myself or the situation
Sometimes I offend and then I feel bad
Sometimes I hurt someone and then I feel bad and sad
One time when I was a young teenager I was on a boating trip with my young women's group and said to the husband of one of my yw leaders. "That's so cool, that your wife is pregnant." and his response to me was "Ya, I didn't know she was pregnant." Oops, 14 year old girls don't realize that after having children a womens' stomach doesn't always go back to orginal flatness. 20 years later that 14 yr. old understands that and wouldn't I want to strangle some little punk that said that to me?......Seriously, why can't I learn to keep my foot in my mouth, because then I wouldn't be caught saying stupid or hurtful things.

6 comments:
Ugh - I feel you! I know I've done it more than my share of times!!
Also, I love baby feet - cute picture!
ha ha. And who were you referring to? :)
just referring to my stupid self
I don't remember who I made the pregnant comment to...I just remember the embaressment. But have no fear I got my payback, after I had given birth to my last boy. Carson said I thought your tummy would go away when you had the baby..nice!
If my foot look half as cute as that foot, I wouldn't mind having my foot in my mouth.
Post a Comment