No more monkeys jumping on the bed!
Well, actually he wasn't jumping on the bed. He was attempting a victory backward somersault after blocking a soccer goal shot that his big brother missed. When I first heard the screaming, it sounded like a fake cry and so I didn't do my usual mommy run which involves a quick dash because someone could be bleeding or dying. He went to bed that night complaining, but I didn't think anything was broken, the next morning he was still uncomfortable. I took him in to the Doctor. Yup, it was broken. He is the first in our family to break a bone, and he was incredibly tough and brave. By the way he is very pleased and proud that he is the first of his brothers to break a bone. And yes amazingly enough he can still build legos with his one hand. Even though the cast is on the right hand, lucky for him he is mostly left handed, which will make life a little bit easier on all of us.

5 comments:
Poor Carson. But just like a boy to be thrilled that he was the first one to brake a bone.
Welcome to the excellent parenting- sleep on it and if it hurts in the morning I'll take you in. Works every time!
Oh you bad mother. No full out mommy run? I so tune out everything, I am amazed I still hear the word "mom". Poor Carson, if I had to pick one to break a bone, he would be it.
oh poor boy! We didnt' figure out Elle's broken arm 'til the next day either.
Hi-it's Melissa Wimmer, thank you for your comment on my blog. I do know who you are, I am always trying to get Brett to tell me all about his High School days. It's nice to hear from someone who know the joys of having all boys. If I hear one more person say, "Oh you poor thing", I might shoot them. We'll let you know in a couple weeks when they confirm that boy #4 is on the way. We love it. Thanks!
Post a Comment