I am back after having no Internet at home for 3 weeks. Technology is not my love language. Here is why:
I don't read instructions or follow them for that matter
I am slow to change
I don't like it when I feel like something is smarter then me....thus all technology
I think I am going to break it...computer, phones cameras, etc
I panic when I can't figure things out on the computer
and then proceed to feel completely helpless when my technology doesn't work.
Here are some examples of me and technology. When digital camera's came out and Mark wanted to get me one I just said..."Oh don't waste your money getting me one, I am sure it's just a fad. I can't imagine it ever clicking on that people will give up their film cameras."
In fact I think all new technology is just a fad and will eventually go away. (I know I am pathetic)
I don't read instructions or follow them for that matter
I am slow to change
I don't like it when I feel like something is smarter then me....thus all technology
I think I am going to break it...computer, phones cameras, etc
I panic when I can't figure things out on the computer
and then proceed to feel completely helpless when my technology doesn't work.
Here are some examples of me and technology. When digital camera's came out and Mark wanted to get me one I just said..."Oh don't waste your money getting me one, I am sure it's just a fad. I can't imagine it ever clicking on that people will give up their film cameras."
In fact I think all new technology is just a fad and will eventually go away. (I know I am pathetic)
Downloading music off the Internet who heard of such an absurd thing???When Mark got me an ipod many years ago for my birthday it sat in its box for a few months until he finally got it out and ready for me to use. And then I was scared to down load music on it and for years I only had a few songs on it....and now I am like an ipod music junkie adding new songs all the time.
Mark has wanted me to get a blackberry for a while now. I just kept resisting him thinking that I don't need it, I am not that important, who really needs to get a hold of me that urgently. Plus I was worried that the family services might have to intervene if we were both addicted to our crackberries. He's had a blackberry for years, since back in the day when blackberries were still just something you put in your pies, shakes or jams. Well he got me one and now I am addicted. It's my new bellybutton. I am texting everyone in my address book. They are tired of my texting.
Mark has wanted me to get a blackberry for a while now. I just kept resisting him thinking that I don't need it, I am not that important, who really needs to get a hold of me that urgently. Plus I was worried that the family services might have to intervene if we were both addicted to our crackberries. He's had a blackberry for years, since back in the day when blackberries were still just something you put in your pies, shakes or jams. Well he got me one and now I am addicted. It's my new bellybutton. I am texting everyone in my address book. They are tired of my texting.
100% of all my electronic gadgets I have gotten for birthdays, mothers day, etc, because for some reason I think I don't need them, but Mark figures I do. Then once I have them I can't imagine life with out them and depend on them for everything... until they break and then once again I am back to feeling helpless. So here is what happened at our house the past three weeks while I had broken internet syndrome.
1. Someone turned one (Ethan) We had a fun party with family friends at the park. Notice his cake (it's a picture cake) these are the kind of store bought shenanigans moms buy for the 4th child, but never for the 1st they only got homemade fabulous creations.
2. Easter came and went
3. Cousin Henrik and Aunt meta came to visit
4. We had the terrible stomach flu, just glad it wasn't the swine flu
5. We shared our flu with our visitors and then they took it with them to Utah
6. And Ethan is starting to walk...



5 comments:
I hear you all the way. I just got my blackberry, and P.s. I just got my ipod for xmas last year. I totally fought Trent on getting a dig camera too. :)
I'm with you on all the techy stuff. You're further along then I am - I still don't have an ipod & am intimidated by Declan's!
I'm glad your internet is back! Ethan just gets cuter and cuter every day. I love that picture of him playing with the cell phone. Very nice collage- I think you're better at technology than you think!
I have to agree w/the above statement...I think you are better @ this tech. stuff than you think. Love to see your blog and love the fun collages. Hope all is well!
You are and I are definately on the same wave length..I am always asking E (my oldest) to fix the tech stuff cuz I can't get it. Boys are great that way. Lucky us!
Post a Comment