Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Homework Torture sessions

We've got the homework blues
Another year, and yes a another year of torturing kids to do homework. Although I think we have finally come up with a plan that works so everyone is happy and mom is no longer the bad guy. Here is a glimpse of how everyone does their homework.
Jacob tries to quickly get his done, with some push back, but not too much of a fight.
Christian likes to draw it out for as long as possible with lots of interruptions, snacks, drinks, questions, bathroom breaks, chat time with mom etc. I think he likes to use his whole afternoon and evening laboring over his homework. But when he finally gets it done he is so proud and happy and I am so relieved.
Carson is happy and busy building legos since there are no brothers to deal with during torture sessions. And of course he is playing with "Baby" (which by the way they were reunited last week and have been inseperable since.) Yes and that is Carson wearing fleece pajamas with feet on one of the hottest days of the year. He took his evening bath got his P.J's on and insisited on wearing them.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Paige said...

Teachers who give homework suck. Do bad things happen if you just refuse to do it?

Celia Fae said...

I never should have downloaded Picasa 2 for you. Your collages are so much better than mine. It is great that you care about your kids homework. I have a don't ask, don't tell policy and my kids will probably flunk out.

*Tanyetta* said...

i love this part---lots of interruptions, snacks, drinks, questions, bathroom breaks, chat time with mom

LOL

tooo cute!!!

D-dawg said...

Carson is adorable in his jammies. Homework stressed me out and I hate it, and I only have a 1st grader and kindergartner. I can't imgaine how much harder it is going to get!

Jessica said...

ooh...we start next week and that is the only reason I'm not completley thrilled. I hate homework. ANd I am seriously shocked when they have something they need my help with...I did ALL my homework for the 22 years of my life, so I can't believe the 2nd grade teacher thinks I'm going to research the artic owl.