Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Staples

Staples, not just a device used to attach papers together, or a neighborhood store where you can buy office supplies, but it is something you can find while eating a gourmet dinner at a fancy schmancy restaurant in San Francisco.

Here's the story.

Girl and boy go to dinner to celebrate Anniversary.
Girl is eating her yummy food when she thinks she has broken a a tooth, oh wait that's not a broken tooth, but what is it? Oh, it's an industrial size staple fresh from a staple gun. It's an unused staple. Where and how did it get in her meal?
Girl complains to waiter. Owner of resturant comes over and now the meal is complimentary. Boy is happy that now the expensive meal is not so expensive anymore.
Girl is very happy she did not swallow the large staple. It could have been a problem.

End of story.

7 comments:

D-dawg said...

WOAH! Are you kidding me? That is so dangerous! How did it get in there? You should have free meals for life.

Paige said...

Good job on the free meal! So glad it didn't cost you a tooth. And I'm so glad you've been updating, I stopped checking but now I'll put you on my google reader. I love your anniversary post. I'm waiting for chaper 6.

Ellie said...

What if all I can think of is how high in iron your meal may have been? They should have charged you for all the extra nutrients.

Nortorious said...

Need a good lawyer?

Shawni said...

Love to hear about life for the Hair family. Miss you.

Celia Fae said...

Ummmm, staples. Where'd you go? If Mark only had to pay for half of the meal, did he get only half of the "goodnight kiss?"

Jessica said...

That's awful! Although the free meal thing would inspire my husband to carry spare ones around to throw in entrees.