Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bangs or Botox???

Bangs or Botox?
Posted by Picasa
I heard it somewhere that women after 30 need to decide if they want bangs or botox. So now that I am well into my 30's I am realizing why. So the other day when I got my haircut I made sure my stylist gave me bangs. The other day Carson informed me he didn't like those things that covered my eyes. I wasn't sure what he was talking about. (oh the bangs)
Which reminds me of a childhood memory. Each summer I would go to visit my grandma in Germany, she always had something critical to say to everyone. Her favorite with me was my hair. "Oh, you should really cover that forehead of yours" she'd say. Then the next summer I would come with fresh cut bangs and she'd say "you really shouldn't cover your beautiful forehead with those stringy bangs." So back and forth it went every summer wondering if she would approve or disapprove of the hair.
So now I must ask myself is it bangs or botox or perhaps both?
Pick your poison ( literally poison do you know what botox is made from).
What will it be for you?

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I keep trying to get bangs but my fabulous hairlady keeps not giving them to me. I really trust her, so I think she either really doesn't hear me, or thinks I would look horrible. So I can't decide if I should force her too, or if she is tactfully trying to save me from myself.

Paige said...

Of course I say both, but Botox looks so hurty. I'll let you know how bad it is in a few years. Some of my 39 year old friends go to this clinic in Oakland for $12/per cc vials, so the total is less than $100. I won't be doing THAT. You could always burn your face off on Obaji again.

Nortorious said...

No bangs. No botox. You're hot Brig, let it be. Buy cute shoes and get over it.
Everyone gets to pick ONE cosmetic surgery procedure per decade. Don't waste yours on botox.

*Tanyetta* said...

Chocolate and ditto what NOR said. ;)

D-dawg said...

Neither for me, for now. I'm too scared to ever do Botox or any sort of surgery so I'll be the one that looks really old when I'm old and I don't care. Your bangs are adorable and so sorry you had a cranky grandma! I did too, I feel your pain!

Celia Fae said...

I think you could use a little shot or two on your forehead. I like it when other people suffer for beauty while I stand by to support them in my au naturel state.

Anonymous said...

bangs! they are in. And you look cute.

Nortorious said...

Dear Tanyetta,
I want to comment on your blog, but everytime I open it my internet freezes and shuts down. Please help.
Nor.