Carson has a new friend "Potato" at preschool. He talks about him all the time and it sort of makes me giggle. I can't seem to correct him and tell him the boys correct name which is Mateo, because it's too cute when he tells me about Potato. You can kind of see how he might get the two words confused. Maybe Carson has too many potatoes (earwax) in his ears so he can't hear the difference between Potato and Mateo.
So the first time he told me about him he said "Mom, I know you thinking I am joking you when I tell you his name is Potato, but it's for real. I heard my teacher call him that." How can I not take him seriously when he is so grown up about it?
I'm not sure how this boy's mom feels about his new name and if I should bring it up to her. I hope she wouldn't be offended, but she might. The other day at preschool his teacher tells me that now Carson is starting to call him Mr. Potato head. So now I am thinking that maybe I should sit down and tell him Potatoes real name so that we don't hurt any ones feelings.


6 comments:
I don't think you should tell him. Maybe it is a name that will stick. Carson could call him Tater for short.
You have the best taste it seems so I"m sure you'll pick great wall colors. I love the Mr. Potato head story too...aren't kids the best ever?
he is super cute! i love it :)
I bet the kid has potatoes in his ear too so that's why he hasn't corrected Carson. It's obviously working for both for both of them.
Logan was friends with Potato last year! How funny that Carson calls him Potato. I don't think you should correct him cause that is the cutest. I do have to say though that Logan told me "potato" was the naughty kid last year. I hope his behavior had improved if he and Carson are friends. (o:
A potato by any other name would not be as funny.
Post a Comment