Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sick or Seeeeek?

Growing up if we told my mom we were sick and couldn't go to school. She would ask us. "Are you sick or seeeek?" (seeeek pronounced with a german accent) How this came about was when my oldest brother was in his first year of high school he didn't really like the school or the kids. So he would call home often saying he was "sick". After many times of this happening the family joke was that you were either sick, which meant throwing up, fever, runny nose etc. But if you were faking it or too lazy to go to school and just needed a break from it all then you were seeeek.
So when Christian woke up this morning he said he was sick. I was a little suspicious and thought he was seeeek, especially since he didn't finish his homework from the night before. I let him stay home anyway, and it turned out he really was sick. Sometimes you just don't know if they are sick or seeeeek. And sometimes it's fun just to be seeeeek and get extra love and attention from mom. Okay you just better not be sick tomorrow I've got things I really need to do.
He looks pretty healthy to me. But I do remember him throwing up once this morning, so maybe I should feel good I didn't infect his whole class.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I don't know, Brigitta. Did you actually see the vomit or did he just tell you the story with watery eyes? A kid can make his eyes water just by holding his breath a long time. He looks like he wants to go to school tomorrow. He was seeek enough today.

D-dawg said...

My kids have tried to play seeeek already this year a couple of times! But it has not worked so far. I hope Christian feels better tomorrow!

Jessica said...

I want to play seeek...but no one will EVER let me.

Nortorious said...

I played seeeek this morning. I lied and said I was up all night with the baby and Dx let me sleep til 11. I was soooo seeeeek.

Paige said...

I would stay home seeek too if I had that cute blue bed.

Shawni said...

Cute Christian. Max has that exact same book and does that exact same pose in the bed as he reads it. I love it. Hope he's "better" tomorrow.

*Tanyetta* said...

awwwww he's so cute when he's seeeeeeeeek. and i know you baked him some yummy gooey choc chip cookies with a tall glass of milk too. oops! sorry that's my dream :)

p.s. how's he feeling now????? hope he's ok. stomach bugs are going around lately hopefully it was a 10 minute bug for him!

p.s.s. i love the seeeeeeeeeeek accent. too cute!